Wednesday 22 June 2011

Last long run

Had my last long run with John on Sunday, along the Roman road to cambridge, we were hoping to meet some of the other the club runners from my local running club but we arrived 3mins late and me being me said "they are always late" so we waited for another 15mins and thinking they had cancelled we set of leisurely with our full load of equipement ie coat, leggings, gloves, hats, phone, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, like to keep my hair tidy!!! camera, map, sat nav, spare underwear, you never know who you may meet, socks, cash, camera, water bottles, drinks, sweets, gels, kitchen sink, and as anyone who has run with me knows, my usual six rolls of toilet paper, cheaper if you buy in quantity, off we went into the dark unknown, thinking we were on our own, and the weather again great.... am i wishing too much to expect nice weather next week, my mug clipped to the back of my rucsac kept making noises like a rattle which after a while became somewhat soothing, we and the mug made good progress stopping only for the odd picture, pee, and pose, the miles soon passed and as we approached wandlebury we met Dave Greenham running in the other direction, Its Dave's fault I love distance running, it was he who I always and still do aspire to emulate, thanks mate... "the others are about a mile ahead of you" he said, so we sped up to catch them passing Terry Braverman also going in the opposite direction, putting in some secret training, he was going so fast he could not stop in time to speak, but just groaned, as he flew passed, on we pushed and made good time to the meeting point at parkers peace, only to find a guy giving a lecture on the history of Parkers peace, I'm sure he was trying only to impress the two girls he was with, and was making up most of what he was telling them. We waited right in the middle of parkers green near to a fancy lampost, then did a couple more laps to get the garmins up to twenty miles, but nobody, missed them again, then off to Drummer street to get the Bus back, and guess what.... as the bus rounded Parkers peace we saw from the back seat of the bus, through merky windows some of the group making their way back to the car park, I just hope they had an enjoyable run like I did, thanks John for your great company, and I am sure we will have a great time next week what ever comes our way...Thanks again..

Burdock

No comments:

Post a Comment